Where required by law, we will provide you privacy information (in the form of a Privacy Notice or other privacy disclosure documentation) specific to the services you want to obtain from us or specific to your dealings with us.
WHAT IS ‘PERSONAL INFORMATION’
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD?
The personal information collected and maintained by M Squared Property generally includes your name, address, contact details and information specific to the service you receive from us, such as details of any property being purchased, leased or sold, or your dealings with M Squared Property.
For employment applications, we collect your name, address, contact details, current and past employment information, educational qualifications and professional associations. We also collect information about and proof of your residency status, the name and contact details of your referees and other information required for recruitment purposes. Where we seek your consent to conduct a background check, we also collect details of your proof of identity from you.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Where it is possible, we collect your personal information directly from you in person, in writing, over the telephone, by facsimile, through our online services and/or by electronic messages. In some circumstances, we may also collect it from:
- your agents or representatives, for example your legal advisers, your family member who is instructed by you to deal with us;
- third parties who you have asked to provide your personal information to us, including your referees and your lawyerl
- our agents and service providers;
- law enforcement, dispute resolution, statutory and regulatory bodies;
- publicly available sources such as the Internet and telephone directories; and/or
- the general public when it is unsolicited and may be relevant to a particular fraud investigation.
Unless we are required or permitted by law to collect sensitive information about you, we will only do so by obtaining your consent.
We may collect information about your visit to our site to assist us to measure and improve our website. Examples of information that we collect include: day and time of your visit, whether you have visited our website previously, whether you used a search engine to find us and some geographical information about what country and state you are in.
We use Google Analytics to collect visitor information so that we can better understand how to improve our services for you. One of the primary methods used by this tool is the placement of cookies. Cookies are small information files that an end user’s web browser places on their computer when a website is visited. For information on disabling these cookies, please go to the privacy settings section within your browser. In addition to the session cookie, Google Analytics uses other data collection methods such as appending query strings to an image request. We store the data generated by Google Analytics securely and do not share it with third parties.
We also use other external companies for the following purposes:
- for web hosting services for this website; and/or
- to gather non-personal information (using cookies) in order to evaluate the website’s effectiveness, for example online marketing activities.
We retain the content of any email that you send to us if we believe we have a legal requirement to do so. Your email message content may be monitored by our employees for security issues, including where email abuse is suspected; our response to you may be monitored for quality assurance issues.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE COLLECT, HOLD AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect, hold and use your personal information for the purposes of providing our services and managing our business. This may include:
- selling a property;
- leasing a property;
- marketing our services and those of our related companies and business partners that may interest you;
- conducting customer research and analytics in relation to our service, and improving our service;
- handling complaints and disputes;
- training our employees, agents and representatives;
- detecting, investigating and preventing fraud;
- identifying and contacting individuals who do business with us; and/or
- assessing and processing employment applications.
WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO AND WHY?
We may disclose your personal information to others for the purposes specified in the section above. This may include disclosure to:
- our related companies;
- government, law enforcement, dispute resolution, statutory, regulatory or enforcement bodies and agencies;
- loss adjusters and assessors;
- repairers and suppliers;
- our advisers (including legal, actuary and accounting advisers) and service providers, including marketing organisations and debt collecting agents;
- other parties as required by law.
We may also disclose your personal information (but not sensitive information) to others we have business arrangements with to enable them to offer their products and services to you.
We will not disclose your sensitive information for any purpose, other than the purpose for which it was collected, or a directly related secondary purpose, unless you otherwise consent.
DIRECT MARKETING AND YOUR PRIVACY
From time to time, we may use your personal information to advise you about or offer you other services that may be relevant and of interest to you. If you do not want to receive these offers from us (including service offerings from us on behalf of our business partners), please email, or call the telephone numbers in the Contacting us about access and correction of your personal information.
In some instances, we may disclose your personal information (but not sensitive information) to others we have business arrangements with to enable them to offer their products and services to you.
We do not use or disclose sensitive information for the purposes of direct marketing.
HOW DO WE HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may hold your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- in our computer systems or databases, which may involve storing data on storage or computer systems provided by third party suppliers;
- in paper records; and/or
- in telephone recordings.
Where it has been collected from our or your agent, or our service providers, they may also hold copies of your personal information.
We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you. This includes information received from third parties and information collected for different services.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL SITES
We may include links to external sites that we consider contain content relevant to the information that you were seeking from us. Where these links occur, we accept no responsibility for the accuracy of the content, the privacy or security of those sites or your reliance on any information contained within any such site.
CONTACTING US ABOUT ACCESS TO, AND CORRECTION OF, YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
M Squared Property aims to ensure that your personal information is accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. If you would like to seek access to, or revise, your personal information, or feel that the information we currently have on record is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the following contact details:
|Post||GPO Box 2481, Sydney NSW 2001, Australia|
|Telephone||+61 2 8206 0998|